Vice President of China UnionPay
Born in March, 1963 in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, Mrs. Hu Ying is Vice President of China UnionPay in charge of business development and products.
Apart from her position in China UnionPay, Mrs. Hu also serves as Vice President of the China General Chamber of Commerce, Vice Chairperson of the Internet Finance Working Committee, Internet Society of China and Vice President of the China Express Association. With rich experience in the field of financial payment as well as inter-bank cross-regional settling and clearing of the bankcard, Mrs. Hu has a deep understanding of E-payment and E-commerce. As a senior engineer, she led the effort of building the provincial bankcard information exchange system of Guangdong Province and the first E-commerce payment gateway system in China.
- Women Role Model of Guangdong Province, 2012;
- Top Ten Role Models of the Fourth National Professional Ethics Enhancing Initiative of the Financial Sector, 2010, awarded by the National Committee of the China Trade Union of the Financial Sector;
- National Labor Medalist of the Financial Sector, 2010, awarded by the National Committee of the China Trade Union of the Financial Sector;
- Business Woman of Excellence, 2009, awarded by the All-China Women Federation and the China General Chamber of Commerce.
- Bsc Radio Physics, South China Normal University,
September 1980 – July 1985.
- Section Chief, Section of Science and Technology, People’s Bank of China Guangzhou Branch, October 1985 – March 1993;
- Deputy General Manager, Guangdong Bankcard Network Service Center, March 1993 – March 2002;
- General Manager, China UnionPay Guangdong Branch, July 2007 – February 2014;
- Vice President, China UnionPay, Februrary 2012 – Present.